Over the past years, Beat the Streets Philadelphia wrestlers have increasingly found success in Freestyle/Greco-Roman wrestling, and this year was no different. After an exciting spring season of qualifiers, weekend clinics, & practices, BTSP was able to take eighteen student-athletes to Alvernia University to compete in the PA Freestyle & Greco Wrestling State Championships. The top four finishers at the state tournament in 16U & Junior age groups at each weight class qualify for the USAW Freestyle/Greco-Roman National Championships in Fargo, North Dakota! In combination between the State tournament and the Regional qualifiers, BTSP has a record-high ten BTSP wrestlers qualified for the Fargo National Championships this July! A summary of the results is listed below:
- Artem Skyba 170 lbs Freestyle Northeast Regional Champion
- Bekhruz Sadriddinov 170 lbs Greco Northeast Regional Champion / Freestyle PA State Champion
- Greyson Catlow-Sidler 152 lbs Freestyle States 4th / Greco PA State Champion.
- Muhyyee-ud-Din Abdul-Rahman 170 lbs PA Greco States 4th
- James Taft 170 lbs PA Greco States runner up
- Matt Clarke 195 lbs Greco Northeast Regional 6th place finish
- Davian Waite 220 lbs PA Greco State Champion.
- Davlat Pulotjonov 160 lbs PA Greco State 3rd
- Ernazar Baiyshbekov 152 lbs PA Greco States 3rd / PA Freestyle States 4th
- Shermuhammad Sadriddinov Greco Northeast Regional 3rd
Additionally, BTSP wrestlers had great success at the youth & middle school levels. Below are the results for our young wrestlers: Bantam
- Samiyah Rahming 119 lbs (1st FS / 1st GR)
HM- Julissa Ortiz 127 lbs due to injury she was unable to compete at states. Julissa is a Folkstyle state champion, has placed at all the freestyle and Greco tournaments she has entered and is a part of the 14U PAUSAW Women's team currently competing at Tulsa Oklahoma.
Lastly, Beat the Streets would like to thank all coaches for making this spring season possible! David James, Parker Kropman, and Dorthea West. I would also like to thank the parents and mentors behind the scenes. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard all season long to provide kids with high-level wrestling experiences and a fun team environment to be a part of!